[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on less sizeable screens?

Kris Douglas kris at softdel.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 22:30:12 GMT 2007

On 13/12/2007, James Grabham <jgrabham at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Use the alternate installer??
>
> Text based installers should work fine
>
> On Dec 13, 2007 9:27 PM, Kris Douglas <kris at softdel.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have been reading about seeing Ubuntu running on the EEE pc and
> > it's come to my attention that there is a problem with the screen size of
> > the installer and some of the main configuration windows. I have also
> > experienced this on some of the much older hardware that I own, where I have
> > to drag the window off the screen to access the button to continue.
> >
> > I was just wondering if it would be possible to scale the size of the
> > windows of the installer, or automatically scale the fonts to fit the screen
> > size, as a couple of people i know have had quite a lot of difficulty
> > getting their head around this problem on smaller displays. Just a couple of
> > points that I wanted to bring up, I don't imagine it's possible
> > automatically without re making the installer for Ubuntu, which is high end
> > stuff, but you know, just something to put to the people...
> >
> > --
> > Kris Douglas
> >       Softdel Limited Hosting Services
> >
> >       Web: www.softdel.net
> >       Mail: kris at softdel.net
> > --
> > ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

...Tell that to someone that is scared of the run command in windows... This
person would think it wasn't working properly, i like the text based
installer actually, but that's not what I was focusing on mostly, the thing
I was focusing on was the fact that some of the actual settings panels like
mythbuntu etc. don't actually fit on either...

      Mail: kris at softdel.net