[ubuntu-uk] IDE -> SATA

norman norman at littletank.org
Fri Dec 7 19:55:25 GMT 2007

Eventually, after I had woken up, I realised that I needed two power
connections, one to power the gadget and one to power the drive. (How
stupid can one get?) I tried to install Windows XP and got as far as the
formatting stage then progress stopped. The drive was working according
to the little LED on the gadget but that was all.

I conclude that my efforts to recycle old and rather decrepit hard
drives is not going to work and that if I want another drive it will
have to be a new one.

Norman