[ubuntu-uk] Fiesty wont work!!!!

Mark Jose kernowyon at kernowyon.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 20:47:02 BST 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007 20:23, STONE COLD wrote:
> anywhere i need to look for in particular for this info?i cant make any
> sense of it! sorry im new

Thats OK - not a problem.
In /var/log/Xorg.0.log, there will be a load of information, but what we are
looking for will be right near the very end of the log - probably starting
with EE (which is a code meaning error). Don't worry about missing font
warnings - they won't be causing the problem. It will probably mention Screen
as part of the error I expect. Most of the log is quite technical and not
likely to be relevant for now - look for the error near the last few lines.
Just jot it down and put it in a reply here and we can go from there.

Mark