[ubuntu-uk] iMac G4

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Sat Aug 11 14:38:28 BST 2007

Hello, Anyone using Ubuntu on an iMac G4?

I've just got one, and installed Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS (Dapper) on it...

Works quite well, but the recent decision by Canonical not to support
the PowerPC architecture in future is disappointing. There is a 'port'
of Feisty, but I couldn't get it to boot. Might have been a problem with
the CD, so I'll burn another one: I don't want to have to use backports
to get 'Gnash' working so I can enjoy the full irony of watching the Mac
vs. PC spoof ad's from YouTube on a Mac running Ubuntu ;-)

Why? - I'd like to convert my Mac colleagues to Ubuntu, of course!

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687