[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu-uk Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Fri Aug 3 15:58:14 BST 2007

Pete Stean wrote:
> On the document sharing issue, you have considered using a shared web-space
> to do this? Google offer a solution I think... and it's so 21st century  :)
>
> I have to say, on the note re mailing lists - I *hate* them - they have such
> limited functionality it's embarassing. I'm only on this mailing list
> because it's the chosen method of the ubuntu-uk community, if I had a choice
> we'd be a facebook group, or have an online forum. For one thing, threads
> can be incredibly difficult to follow on a serial email list like this
> one...

I use Thunderbird and set to see threaded views. It is remarkably easy
to see the context, even without reading any actual mails!

I very much appreciate using email lists, and only ever use online
displays if there is no choice, and I have to be desperate then
anyway, or it does not get looked at.

I am on just a lot of lists and groups, and on line (web based)
approach would be severely limiting.

With lists  - using the threaded context - it is very easy to see what
is happening, and where my attention needs to go - in the several
short attention spans that I use that is.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391