[ubuntu-uk] This came in on the local Freecycle

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Aug 2 19:56:09 BST 2007

Alec Wright wrote:
> On 02/08/07, John Dow <jmd at nelefa.org> wrote:
>> On 8/2/07, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
>>> CDs for Library: Are these ones you have burned, and what
>>> packaging have you used, wit any instructions or commentary?
>>
>> Yeah, I burned a pile of copies of the Edgy Live CD and printed
>> out a little quickstart guide I wrote, along with links to the
>> various faq sections of the ubuntu forums.
>>
>> John
>>
> Any chance you could show your quick-start guide to the list?
> 'Cause there's been a lot of talk about leaflets lately.

I have recently typed up the actual text content of the shipit cd
covers because the wording is both legally and otherwise fairly well
thought out. I have begun to use it fairly successfully as a *simple*
folded cover for a paper CD case. The folded cover is from a single
A4 double sided printed sheet. I have only used mono printing so far
but the graphic is colour and with a different printer one can get
fairly close to the effect of a shipit pack, at a much reduced actual
cost I suspect.

The files are on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Leaflets
and specifically are
leaflet1b-SHIPIT-folded_alan_cocks
leaflet1b-SHIPIT-folded-instructions_alan_cocks

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391