[ubuntu-uk] This came in on the local Freecycle

Andrew Williams lists at nikdoof.net
Thu Aug 2 15:59:26 BST 2007

On 8/1/07, Mark Harrison <Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following just came in on our local Freecycle. (www.freecycle.org to
> find your local group.)

<snip>

Freecycle, another great idea which has fell fowl of greed and
selfishness. Our local Freecycle groups suffer from car booters who
pickup anything and everything to sell on for a profit and people
asking for unreal items ("any one got a Nintendo DS going spare?", "I
need a Glass TV stand for my 52" HDTV", "wanted: car, must be a good
runner"). You may think i'm joking, but its all game on our lists...

Currently one guy offers PCs up for Freecycle with Windows
pre-installed, considering the guy picks up beige box, home built PCs
I dont think he can verify a single license for any of these... I've
dropped him a mail about installing Ubuntu instead but I got no reply.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://nikdoof.net
e: andy at tensixtyone.com