[ubuntu-uk] Loading Fiesty into Mac mini

TheVeech theveech at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:03:23 BST 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 16:37 +0100, Toby Smithe wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 16:14 +0100, Robin Menneer wrote:
> >
> > Does this mean that Fiesty won't go on a PowerPCmac leaving me with
> > Dapper ?
>
> No. It only means that there is no official support by Canonical. I'm
> unsure of the availability of security updates as a result.
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/feisty/release/
>
> The ISOs are still provided.
>
> > I've had a look at the forums (? fora) again, and gained no further
> > insight, their problems tend to be in isolation.  And looked at the
> > manual which seems to be for Edgy but which soon leaves me behind..  A
> > paragraph or two seem quite ok, then suddenly I'm faced with something
> > I have difficulty in coping with.  My indifferent memory doesn't
> > help.
>
> Feisty should work on the machine just fine.

Hi Toby, have you got any experience with these machines?  If so, can
you give Robin a hand with the preparation for the install?  To us it's
probably an easy task, but everyone's at different levels, and Robin
could do with all the help he can get right now.

It might also help if you could run him through the process of using
nautilus to burn the disk image if he might find this simpler (a PDF is
quick and easy to knock out - once, that is, it's established that he
can actually burn a disk on the machine running Ubuntu - otherwise, it
might be an idea to get someone who knows the Mac's burning software he
might have).