[ubuntu-uk] gaim problem

TheVeech theveech at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:28:39 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 21:02 +0100, Neil Greenwood wrote:
> I use Gaim under Dapper and Edgy (Dapper at home - soon to be Feisty,
> Edgy in work) and I can't get it to connect to Google Talk. I can get
> Psi to connect on the same machine, so it's not a problem with
> firewall or other settings...
> I saw in the forums that someone had fixed the problem by compiling
> Gaim from source, but it didn't WFM. :-( Haven't tried it for about
> 5-6 weeks though.
>
> I only connect to MSN through a Jabber gateway on Psi these days. This
> is always a bit hit-and-miss about marking me on/offline.

In sympathy for that tune (!) I just tested setting up my gmail account
for Gaim, and it says it's working.

You might diss me for this because you've probably come across it already,
but these are the instructions I used:

http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/answer.py?answer=24073

---
Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I was using a connection that kept throwing up an 'Error while performing operation: Welcome response error: transaction failed' message in Evolution whenever I tried to post.  Any ideas?
---