[ubuntu-uk] Spread Ubuntu

Benjamin Webb bjwebb67 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:33:06 BST 2007

On 12/04/07, Rob Stent <rob at sharpsites.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've not posted to the list much before but I wanted to let you guys
> know that I've set up a site called Spread Ubuntu.
>
> I've seen discussions in various places about the possibility of this
> kind of site in the same vain as Spread Firefox but nothing seems to
> have materialised. So I just decided to get on with it and see what
> happens. The site is based on Drupal and has a forum.
>
> The address is: www.spreadubuntu.co.uk
>
> If you have any comments or suggestions about the site I'd love to hear
> them. I do occasionally check this list but if possible I'd prefer
> comments to be made on the forum.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob S

The idea of this site seems to be very similar to
http://www.getgnulinux.org. However, I can see how both sites could
complement each other, as your site is distro specific. Therefore I
think it would be good if the two sites could work together. We have a
campaign similar to the Get Firefox link buttons, saying Get Linux.
Would you consider putting one of these on your site? I shall
GetGNU/Linux.Org authors about the possibility of linking back to your
site, though there is no guarantee this will happen. If you are
interesting in trying to work with this similar project, your input
would be welcomed on the forums - http://www.nuxified.org/forum/105.