[ubuntu-uk] Edgy and jmicron IDE controller

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:31:49 GMT 2006

Hi Adam,

> When this bug is fixed, would we be right in assuming that a new version of
> Edgy would be availible to download, or would he have to wait until edgy+1?

Either could happen. As I understand it, release of a new version of
edgy depends on how many bugs are fixed and how serious they are. A
new dapper has been released, but then again, it's LTS so it's a
different kettle of fish as they say.

After the bug is fixed and released, you could customise a live CD
which replaces the buggy package, burn it to disk and try that. The
process isn't too hard if you're not scared of the command-line, and
there's a wiki page which has a good step-by-step guide for dapper at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization/6%2e06

HTH
Neil.