[ubuntu-uk] UKTeam Meetings Minutes

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Oct 30 20:20:49 GMT 2006

Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Nik Butler wrote:
>> 3. We need to post a story to the Fridge and if we can locate one of
>> those end of show piccies ( Laura ? Tony ? Alan(s) ?
>
> Yes, yes, yes.  Especially if somebody sends me the photos---and after that
> if anyone has any extra time to note down the first 3 best/worst moments of
> the show I try to expand those to something better.

At one stage I was between corridors, a professor and his academic
colleague were apparently passing behind me, the prof noticed the
Ubuntu sticker on my hat - said loudly to his colleague 'this guy can
help!' He then explained that they had 5 million pounds grant to help
with a particular education project in South Africa, and they were
going to use Ubuntu, and where could they get a SA Ubuntu contact
from?  Since we were only about 6 meters from the Canonical stand, I
did not have to take them far.... :-)
--
alan cocks