[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu and D-Link DWL-G122.

Andrew Jenkins andrew.jenkins at bigfoot.com
Thu Oct 26 20:03:08 BST 2006

Hi All,

I have managed to get a friend to convert to Linux
after many years of the 'dreaded other OS'.

He has settled on Ubuntu 6.06 (the KDE version) but
is having a problem with getting it to work with his
D-Link DWL-G122 USB Wireless adapter.

I'm a Mandriva user so am a bit lost and he (obviously)
cannot yet get on the web to ask this question himself
so I said I'll ask on his behalf.

He's reasonable happy with using the command line. I
had a Google about it and got some info about the
/etc/network/interfaces file.  Has anyone out there
got 6.06 working with one of these adapters and if so
could they share any info with me so that I may pass it
on.

Regards,

Andy J.