[ubuntu-uk] LinuxWorld

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Fri Oct 27 12:36:52 BST 2006

Alan Pope wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 08:41:38AM +0100, Gary Kearley wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Great day out yesterday at LinuxWorld.  It was good to meet some of you,
>> even if it was quite briefly, it seemed rather busy there and the booths
>> were pretty cramped.
>>

> It was indeed a top couple of days. My legs ache from standing up all day,
> and my throat hurts from all that talking.
>
> We had loads of people come by to ask technical questions, request CDs, or
> shoot the breeze. I for one will definately want to do this again.
>
> Thanks must go to Nik for organising a great stand. We were without doubt
> the busiest in the area. This isn't just me saying that - it was noted by
> members of the GLLUG stand too :)
> http://beerandspeech.org/index.php?/archives/292-Day-Two-of-the-Linux-Expo.html
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Hear hear! and specific thanks to Nik for his work.
It was a wonderful event, for Ubuntu certainly, and a lot of fun. And
when I got home mostly exhausted, Edgy had been released for some
hours already! No rest! I also had a long awaited chance to meet Alan
Cox, so now he knows who the real one is   :-) and I can sign my name
without maybe causing so much confusion.....
--
alan cocks