[ubuntu-uk] South West Group

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 01:04:04 BST 2006

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the British Ubuntu Talk mailing list.

I came across this list and the Local Community Team web site via a link
from the Ubuntu Desktop Guide.  I see from the web site that there isn't
any proposed South West groups yet.  I was wondering if anyone had
started a South West group and if not how could I go about starting such
a group?

A few members of my local LUG (Devon & Cornwall GLUG) and I have been
discussing how we can promote the use of Open Source software (Ubuntu,
OpenOffice etc) to local businesses, educational establishments and end
users in the Devon & Cornwall area.  Just trying to do things on our own
hasn't come to much yet (a few CDs given out and one or two Linux
converts) so I was hoping that joining this Local Community Team would
give us a few pointers on how you folks have promoted Linux in your
local areas.

If there isn't a South West group, I would be happy to set something up
to cover Devon, Cornwall, and Somerset which are areas that the members
of the Devon & Cornwall GLUG cover (as far as I know they don't
officially cover Somerset but we have a couple of members in Somerset
and I have other links to Somerset).

Regards,

Rob