[ubuntu-uk] kaffeine/mplayer plugin > win media stuff?

tim matthews tim at tui.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 10:53:30 BST 2006

hullo ..

I thought I would pass on a simple question ...

I've compiled mplayer myself in my ubuntu dapper box. it's working very
well, mplayer is excellent software! it's compiled with the win codecs.

I'm wondering about plugins for firefox, namely "kaffeine" and the
"mplayer-plugin"

I use the kaffeine plugin on my FreeBSD box, and it works very well with
the windows streams (at least most of the time :).

however, on ubuntu can the kaffeine plugin .deb play windows streams?
And would the mplayer-plugin for mozilla be able to play win media
streams as well since I've compiled support for win media?

ta,

t.