[ubuntu-uk] Bootup screen

Bernard G Hill berni at zionundy.me.uk
Fri Oct 6 21:23:16 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 21:08 +0100, Nicholas Butler wrote:
> Bernard G Hill wrote:
> > How can I recover the startup screen.
> >
> I think possibly the VGA stuf needs to be set up .. I had a similar
> issue on my Fuji ..
>
> I edited the boot menu to add VGA=791 to the end of the kernel boot
> section under Grub .
>
> Are you okay with adding this or can someone else jump in and explain
> editing MENU.LST !
>

> Nik

Thanks Nik.

I have looked at MENU.LST and it contains this line which I think you
are referring to:

kernel   /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.15-27-386 root=/dev/hdb5 ro quiet=vga=791

Does this need to be changed?

I think I can change the line if necessary. I am sure a need to be SU to
make any change. Is that correct?

Bernard Hill