[ubuntu-uk] (no subject)

STONE COLD javad_ayaz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 17:34:41 BST 2006

Hi fellow Ubuntu users!

I have a few questions about Ubuntu. Hopefully someone out there will be
able to help!

Im a total newb to the gr8 Ubuntu OS. So please bare this in mind when
answering my questions.

Ok here goes!

Im running a dual boot machine. An AMD Athlon 2000+ I think it is. Its
running both WXP and Ubuntu. Ubuntu has become my OS of choice purely coz
its so cool!

But….a few problems im facing. I cant get my tv card working on it. Im using
a MSI TV anywhere plus card. I tried using a program XATV but that seems
complicated and theres only manual tuning on that. Mplayer wont detect my
card and Ive had no luck installing Mythtv!.i don’t know how to!!! L  so
that’s problem A! help someone!

Ok the second thought that I had is that Ubuntu is obviously made with
minimum specs in my mind. I don’t have one of those min specs machines, as
mentioned above..so is there anyway I can tweak it..like better
graphics..faster loading..that sort of thing! Can it be done!?

Awaiting your replys!

Javad