[ubuntu-uk] Programs to manage podcasts

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:25:26 BST 2006

> On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 13:19 +0100, Adam McMaster wrote:
> >
> > I've been looking for something like this too recently.  Rhythmbox seems
> > good, but the problem I have is video support.  Rhythmbox produces an
> > error message upon downloading video podcasts (or when importing video
> > files).  This also leaves me confused as to how I might put videos onto
> > my iPod with it.

I've recently started using PenguinTV
(http://penguintv.sourceforge.net/). When I say recent, I mean
yesterday. It will download podcasts (video and audio) to a single
location, and manage the total size used for it's downloads. It plays
the audio/video in the systems default media player.

Popey's scripts may well be of use in the syncing of you device, if
you were using PenguinTV to download them.