[ubuntu-uk] P2P Ubuntu (was Just testing)

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun Oct 1 10:25:35 BST 2006

Norman Silverstone wrote:
>> I've not seen anything on this list since about 16.15 on Friday, so here
>> is a quick test message!
>>

> Perhaps there is nothing to write about!

Not a great fan of "just testing" e-mails on lists... surely a person
can be creative enough to come up with a subject for a thread for the
sake of it if they're really worrying they've somehow dropped off the
list... at least that way something useful could come out of it.

For instance, I am finding that peer to peer transfers seem to be very
slow in Ubuntu (Dapper)... was at a friend's house on Friday and he was
downloading at 340kb/s ... we switched the network cables and I tried
the same torrent and I got 5kb/s maximum...

Normal downloads are fine... ie. non p2p ones... quite bemused... I take
it nobody else has ever experienced this?

Sean