[ubuntu-uk] Essex based LUG's

David Pashley david at davidpashley.com
Tue Nov 28 15:01:45 GMT 2006

On Nov 28, 2006 at 11:51, Gary praised the llamas by saying:
> Hi I am thinking about seeing if it is possible to take over the
> Colchester LUG, since it seems a little dead here
> (http://tumbleweed.popey.com/)
>
> I was thinking it'd be nice to see what people on the list feel about
> this?  is a newbie (of six months) the correct person to be "in charge"
> of a User Group?

In my experience, the correct person is the person that does things. I
have in my time attempted to breathe life back into Milton Keynes lug
and Brighton LUG, to varying degrees. You don't need to be the Lugmaster
to do that.

> I'm open to ideas on how to enable Colchester to become more of an
> active area regarding Linux user groups, so if you have any ideas,
> please shout.

In the case of Brighton LUG, I pretty much announce that I'm going to be
in a pub at a certain time and date and let the natural draw of geeks
and alcohol do the rest. Every LUG meet I've been to has had some
alcohol involved at some point.

--
David Pashley
david at davidpashley.com