[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu server edition

Colin Humphrey c.humphrey_00 at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 21:00:29 GMT 2006

>Hmm, sounds like the machine is a bit poorly...

agreed...

>A DMZ is an area of your network that has restricted access to the
internal machines. It's used for hosting a web server, for example, so
that if the machine with public access from the internet is hacked,
your internal machine(s) are safe (or safer) from it. It only applies
if you have a genuine router that connects to the internet.

I get the concept - like another method of security.

Thanks for the help new terms troubleshooting etc

Colin signing off