[ubuntu-uk] Daft stuff for a friday afternoon conversation.

Pat evilcorporation at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 20:16:23 GMT 2006

On 16/11/06, paul at paulmellors.net <paul at paulmellors.net> wrote:

> Quoting nicholas butler <nik at butlershouse.co.uk>:
>
> > Okay im prempting the friday but im thinking about this now.
> >
> > I know we all love to neticorrect each other on the various issues
> > related to etiquette and manners so why not lets see if we can make a
> > news story from it ?
> >
> > Top or Bottom  ?
> >
> > Posting on a Email that is.
> >
> > Should we ?, could we ?, can we ? have a national Proper Posting day.
> > Where every thread loving , mail list bashing geek spends the day
> > ensuring that they dont top post and that they add a link which points
> > to a suitable TopPost/Bottom post website.  Lets educate our netizens
> > one email at a time ?
> >
> > now , ive lit the fuse, I shall step back .
>

> personally i think it's a none issue that wastes everyones time
> [including mine for replying to this email :)]

I agree totally. Perhaps it would be a better use of all our resources (and
much more polite) if we were to try to concentrate on the content of a
message rather than the style/method in which it was delivered.

I don't think anyone ever subscribed to a mailing list to be "educated" on
their grammar, posting style, choice of email client etc.

Unless, of course, it was a mailing list called something like
"grammar_posting_style_and_choice_of_email_client_etc_UK"...