[ubuntu-uk] top posting row (was Uk Loco team forums)

Paul Mellors paul at paulmellors.net
Sun Nov 5 15:39:01 GMT 2006

Caroline Ford wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 08:10 +0000, Sean Miller wrote:
>> Ian wrote:
>>> But I was not here to make a date. And I see other top posting OK.
>>>
>> Indeed, I'm sure they do, but that doesn't negate the fact that in doing
>> so *they* also make life very difficult for Digest subscribers...
>>
>> But the sarcastic response and the fact that you top posted again in
>> your reply suggest that you are not a man who is about to instantly
>> change his ways so I shall just leave you to ponder my example and see
>> if you eventually see what I was trying to say.
>>
>> Sean
>
> Well this is the only email list I'm on that is so aggressive to
> newbies.
>
> I've *never* seen this sort of aggression or complaints on the evils of
> "top posting" elsewhere. I'm now *very* careful not to top post on this
> list and it is clearly very important to the 20 or so regulars on this
> list who seem to think they represent the Ubuntu users in the UK..
>
> If people do still want to get involved in Ubuntu (highly recommended) I
> can certainly confirm that the rest of the community is not like this so
> don't be disheartened.
>
> Ubuntu UK isn't actually recognised by the Ubuntu community council
> currently so if the forum community wanted to fork they can certainly do
> so. Your sheer weight of numbers should ensure you prevail.
>
> I'm becoming increasingly unimpressed by the regulars here.
>
> Caroline

Hi all

Just because people want it, although not everyone, i'm setting up an
unnoficial ubuntu-uk forum.  Please can you send me off list, so not to
upset anyone, a list of catagories that people would want.  I don't want
to upset the flow, of ubuntu-uk, but if people want a forum, i'll set
one up.

If someone else has done it, the also let me know i'm not wasting my time.

The domain will be http://www.planetubuntu.uk

I'm hoping this will be a partner project with the mailing list and not
a substitue.

Cheers
Paul