[ubuntu-uk] top posting row (was Uk Loco team forums)

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 5 15:04:59 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 08:10 +0000, Sean Miller wrote:
> Ian wrote:
> > But I was not here to make a date. And I see other top posting OK.
> >
> Indeed, I'm sure they do, but that doesn't negate the fact that in doing
> so *they* also make life very difficult for Digest subscribers...
>
> But the sarcastic response and the fact that you top posted again in
> your reply suggest that you are not a man who is about to instantly
> change his ways so I shall just leave you to ponder my example and see
> if you eventually see what I was trying to say.
>
> Sean

Well this is the only email list I'm on that is so aggressive to
newbies.

I've *never* seen this sort of aggression or complaints on the evils of
"top posting" elsewhere. I'm now *very* careful not to top post on this
list and it is clearly very important to the 20 or so regulars on this
list who seem to think they represent the Ubuntu users in the UK..

If people do still want to get involved in Ubuntu (highly recommended) I
can certainly confirm that the rest of the community is not like this so
don't be disheartened.

Ubuntu UK isn't actually recognised by the Ubuntu community council
currently so if the forum community wanted to fork they can certainly do
so. Your sheer weight of numbers should ensure you prevail.

I'm becoming increasingly unimpressed by the regulars here.

Caroline