[ubuntu-uk] Re: website discussion

Steve Smith steve.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 14 13:10:09 BST 2006

On 14/06/06, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> How about we begin with a simple list in wiki markup, and see if the
> project grows sufficiently to justify the creation of a map.
>
> After all, Canonical uses a simple list, and their list is a lot bigger
> than ours right now.

Done - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Support

Could everyone add themselves please (if you'd like to, of course)!
If you could keep all your details on a separate wiki page like I've
done that will keep things nice and clear - especially if we end up
with a big list.

I think a map would still be cool, but I can see your point.  Come to
think of it, a list is infinitely more accessible to the blind than a
map, and accessiblity is something I'm a bit of a pedant with.

> While on the subject, I think it is important to ensure no overlap
> between the two things - the ubuntu.com page clearly lists commercial
> support contacts. If the uk team is to create a second list, it should
> be limited to free support only, I think, with a link to the relevant
> commercial support page.

That's a good point, hadn't crossed my mind.  I've put a link like you
suggested.