[ubuntu-uk] Software Freedom Day plans

Steve Smith steve.lists at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:08:23 BST 2006

I'm co-leading SDF Cardiff
(http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/europe/uk/cardiff).

We're doing it at Cardiff University, so we're going to be doing it
later than the actual SDF because it has to be in term time when
there'll be people to be here.  We're putting out feelers for a venue
in town at the moment (for the actual SDF), but we're not basing out
plans on that at the moment.

Have you registered for CDs and t-shirts on the SDF website?  Also,
are you subscribed to the SD mailing lists?

We're planning to have three or so demo machines running Ubuntu, but
with our focus on showing people Windows FOSS from the OpenCD, because
that's what we think they're likely to try at home.  We'll have some
Ubuntu discs there too, for anyone who wants one.

Steve :)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SteveSmith