[ubuntu-uk] K/Ubuntu?

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 15 07:34:20 GMT 2006

Michael Wood wrote:
> Tez wrote:
>
>> Stephen Garton wrote:
>>

>>> Now, it doesn't really bother me, but I was just wondering why the
>>> signature appended to the messages on the list link to the kubuntu
>>> wiki instead of the ubuntu one?:

>>> Looking at the page, it seems to be identical to the one on at
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ just with a blue theme.
>>>
>>> Just wondering the reasons really.
>>>

>> This has also been discussed on the kubuntu-users mailing list.
>> wiki.kubuntu.org and wiki.ubuntu.com are the same,
>> wiki.kubuntu.org/anything is the same as wiki.ubuntu.com/anthing
>> I don't know the reason why, but there is no difference between the two
>> wiki sites.
>> And about the blue theme, you can have that theme on the ubuntu wiki
>> too. You just change it in the user preferences.
>>
>> Tez
>>

> If you look who the list maintainer is you'll find out why it's pointing
> to the kubuntu domain.

I didn't necessarily mean the reason why it says kubuntu.org on the
list, I meant why are the kubuntu and ubuntu wiki sites just mirrors of
each other.
But I don't really want to get in to a who pros/cons argument about it,
bin there, done that :p
The main point of the argument, IMO, is that it would be nice if there
was one place to go to find kubuntu specific documentation on the wiki.
Whether that's an another domain (wiki.kubuntu.org), or just under
wiki.ubuntu.com/Kubuntu/

> It should really be ubuntu.com imo but it doesn't really matter, for
> someone to find us they will have good enough understanding of the
> ubuntu project

Agreed :p

Tez