[ubuntu-uk] Scibuntu 0.2-alfa is released

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Sat Dec 2 12:47:12 GMT 2006

Urban Anjar wrote:
> Since last post Scibuntu has moved to
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scibuntu/. Lots of new programs has been
> added and new versions has been released. For the latest and greatest,
> have a look in the CVS.

Hello, Urban.

You might be interested in our 'biobuntu' project:

	http://nbx1.rri.sari.ac.uk

This is just an Ubuntu 6.01 LTS installation of the public deb packages
available from NEBC (Natural Environment research Council Environmental
Bioinformatics centre) Bio-Linux:

	http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/biolinux.html

We're using it as the basis of our NuGO (European Nutritional genomics
organisatio) 'Black Box' project.

	http://www.nugo.org

We have a prototype 'live' biobuntu install DVD based on a remastering
of the Ubuntu 6.01 LTS 'live' install CD, but it's not quite ready for
distribution yet. When it is, we will decide how to distribute it. The
prototype I've got has been tested, but we made some mistakes that need
correcting. I'm working on it just now to install biobuntu on ten NBX's
for NuGO. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else using Ubuntu-based
distributions on similar projects - Please post to this list if you are.

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687