[ubuntu-uk] hoary->breezy upgrade fails on libofx2

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Oct 19 05:55:23 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 06:48:38PM +0100, David M wrote:

>I'm trying to upgrade over-the-net from hoary [1] to breezy.  [1]
>standard hoary, but with KDE also installed.
>

>I've upgraded my /etc/apt/sources.list accordingly.
>apt-get dist-upgrade seemed to have fetched everything needed ok, and
>started the actual upgrade. Everything seemed to proceed ok for a while
>(apart from perl grumbling noisily about locale settings on every
>occasion), until it all ground to a halt over libofx2:
>

>Unpacking libofx2 (from .../libofx2_1%3a0.8.0-3ubuntu8_i386.deb) ...
>dpkg: error processing
>/var/cache/apt/archives/libofx2_1%3a0.8.0-3ubuntu8_i386.deb (--unpack):
> trying to overwrite `/usr/share/libofx/dtd/opensp.dcl', which is also
>in package libofx0c102
>dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>Errors were encountered while processing:
> /var/cache/apt/archives/libofx2_1%3a0.8.0-3ubuntu8_i386.deb
>E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>

>What now?

Try `apt-get -f isntall` it might bring you back in a state where you
can continue your upgrade.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

For the computer security community, the moral is obvious: if you are
designing a system whose functions include providing evidence, it had
better be able to withstand hostile review.
      -- Ross Anderson