[ubuntu-uk] LinuxWorld London

john levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Aug 26 19:20:38 CDT 2005

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> <quote who="Paul Sladen" date="Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 03:20:26PM +0100">
>
>>This brings me to the second point;  we can hopefully get the Ubuntu
>>community along, but beyond that there's a large overlap between the
>>Ubunties and Debianites.  Last year at the Expo we had two mega-stands:
>>Debian/Emdebian/Linux-ARM cabal and a GNOME/KDE/Xorg/FreeDesktop.org one.
>>£
>>It would be handy to at least have the Ubuntu/Debian stands adjacent.  Also
>>don't know what Jonathan wants to do about Kubuntu...  jr: any ideas?
>

> We have a "long" history of sharing space with the both Debian and
> GNOME booths. If the folks at this Debian expo are also OK with it, we
> can work something out. It's really up to them.

I'll email the Debian people (also Ubunteros) I met at the Lug Radio
event about this.

I can do the whole three days (the two days of the event, and the day
before setting up), take responsibility etc. But someone officvial from
Ubuntu/Canonical has to sort out the space if it's going to be outside
the .org village.

John