Translation status for ubuntu-docs

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 11:20:41 UTC 2012

2012/3/26 Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com>:
> We don't use this, but I've amended the settings to ensure that
> translations are shared between the two places.

For translators those are technical details, but indeed at least when
the docs are fully translatable the availability of those under the
Ubuntu umbrella is very useful for discoverability.

> But if translators want us to make changes, or if there are things we
> can do to make their job easier, please let us know so that we can try
> and help.

I'm not aware of anything special the docs team could do better. Maybe
if something could be suggested, it would be to be careful when doing
mass changes, for example to punctuation, unless it's really, really
needed. Because of the Launchpad problematics I mentioned, they cause
havoc in the translations that is disproportionate to the perceived
amount of changes in the documentation itself.

-Timo