top bar, menu bar, panel or top panel

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at
Tue Jul 10 08:49:28 UTC 2012

As a member of the ubuntu manual team I started a discussion on how we 
should call this "thing" at the top of our screen.
As a translator of the official Ubuntu documentation (yelp) I noticed 
that the word "panel" had been changed to "menu bar" in the Precise version.
I would like to discuss this with people from ubuntu-translators and 
ubuntu-docs as well.
Let me know what you think.

More information about the ubuntu-translators mailing list