Status of Kubuntu 12.04 translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 13 21:55:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just wanted to give a heads up to those of you translating Kubuntu.

We finally found out the cause for a bug [1] affecting the KDE templates
in Launchpad, and it turned out that they weren't being updated on every
package upload, which means that they remained out of date.

We started fixing this yesterday by updating all of the templates in
Launchpad. The next step once all templates are up to date is to
re-upload the upstream translations via the kde-l10n-<langcode>
packages, which will happen very soon. Until then, I'd like to ask
everyone to hold off doing translations that are not Ubuntu-specific to
the KDE templates in Launchpad.

I'll notify the list when the translations have been uploaded, and in
the meantime I apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,
David.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+bug/945560

--