Translation status for ubuntu-docs

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Tue Apr 3 14:04:29 UTC 2012

>> Hello Ask,
>> I fully understand your grumbling, but for the moment we have to make do
>> with what we have.
>> Because I firmly believe in the translation of Ubuntu Desktop Guide, I
>> translated most of the Oneiric version on LP. And when I click F1 on my
>> desktop (Oneiric), I am so proud to see that almost everything is in
>> Dutch now.
>> Regards,
>> Hannie
>>
> Thanks Hannie for your feedback and your awesome work translating the
> guide, that's the spirit!
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Sorry for my grumbling in the other mail I sent earlier today to the
list on this subject. I know everyone is doing his best and if it is
technically too complicated, or we lack manpower, then it is just too
bad. I still enjoy translating the docs, and I hope our work will not be
in vain. But yes, I am frustrated about all the extra work and I hope
one day it will be possible in LP the fuzzies can be transferred to a
new version.
Thanks for your kind words. It does keep the spirit high :)
Hannie