Ubuntu Community mourns the loss of André Gondim

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 4 21:16:55 UTC 2011

Hi translators,

Some of you will know already, but this time around I'm unfortunately
reaching to you with deeply sad news:

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2011/11/04/ubuntu-community-mourns-the-loss-of-andre-gondim/

"The Ubuntu Project has lost an active member of its community. André
Gondim died on 3rd November after fighting with ill health for several
months.

André was a major contributor of Ubuntu Brazil, the leader of the
Brazilian Translations team and member of the Brazilian Community
Council. He was 29 years old and married. Even despite his poor health
condition, he was always there to support Ubuntu and the community.

The Ubuntu Project honours his excellent work and strong dedication to
Ubuntu and the broader Open Source community. André was always there for
others as a friend. He will be sorely missed and his dedication and
contributions will serve as inspiration to us all.

Our thoughts are with his wife, his family and friends."

André was the heart of the Ubuntu Brazilian translations community, and
the reason why Brazilian Portuguese is one of the top languages in Ubuntu.

I was privileged to meet and work with such a great person. He'll be
sorely missed.

Regards,
David.

--