Heads up: ubuntu-docs to be translated in the upstream project

Gabor Kelemen kelemeng at gnome.hu
Wed Nov 2 17:08:50 UTC 2011

Hi translators

At the beginning of the Oneiric cycle, we got a mail[1] from Matthew
East, which says we should no longer translate the Ubuntu docs in the
Ubuntu package, but in the upstream project[2].

Unfortunately, this mail was not noticed, and this led to a lot of
confusion[3]. Now, I'd like to make it clear: translations for the
ubuntu-docs should happen in the upstream project. To avoid
misunderstandings in the future, I'll disable the templates under the
Ubuntu project for Oneiric, Natty, Maverick and Lucid.

Sorry for the mess we made
Gabor Kelemen

[1]:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2011-May/004756.html