Translations Videocast Ideas

Hannie lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Tue Mar 15 14:40:01 UTC 2011

Op 15-03-11 14:28, David Planella schreef:
> Hi translators,
>
> I've been thinking about the topic for the next Ubuntu Translations
> Videocast, and I wanted to ask you for a bit of feedback.
>
>  From the questions on the last few days on the list and IRC, I think
> it'd be interesting to expand more on the imports from bzr branches, but
> other alternatives could be a generic Q+A session where everyone can ask
> their questions on translations, or now that we're approaching the
> Ubuntu Global Jam, perhaps a training session on how to organize and run
> a jam.
>
> So here are the options I'm thinking of. Please let me know which one
> you think would be most useful or if you've got other ideas:
>
>       1. Automatic Upstream Translation Imports
>       2. Ubuntu Translations Q+A
>       3. Organizing and Running a Translations Jam
>
> So, what would you like to know more about?
>
> Regards,
> David.

Hello David,
Perhaps you can say something about the choice of version? At Gnome we
are translating Gnome version 3.0 (development version). In Natty I see
version 2.91.91, for instance. But other packages use version 2.32. At
Gnome there is no version 2.91, but I understand it is something between
2.32 and 3.0.
Regards,
Hannie