Call for Maverick language pack update testing

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 14 17:44:26 UTC 2011

El dj 10 de 03 de 2011 a les 14:10 +0100, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> Hi translators,
>
> We've uploaded language packs in the maverick-proposed repository for
> you to test before they are released to all users. These should contain
> all your updates and fixes in translations done since the release date.
>
> I'd like to ask teams to test them and provide an indication
> that they've done so by following some simple steps and submitting a
> signoff, so that we know that translations have been successfully
> tested.
>
> Simply follow the instructions in this page and add your team's signoff
> in the table at the bottom:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/LanguagePackUpdatesQA
>
> The deadline for the testing is the 17th of March (in a week's
> time). After that, we'll update the language packs we've received
> feedback for into maverick-updates, so that all users can benefit from
> the new translations and fixes.
>
> Remember that you'll have to to enable the maverick-proposed repository
> to get these updates:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed
>
> Notes
> -----
>
> Remember that now you can subscribe to the iCal feed to stay up to date
> with language pack updates and better coordinate your work:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickReleaseSchedule
>
> Notice that as commented on the mailing list recently, we've experienced
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/731298. This bug has now been fixed, but
> for those of you using the language packs PPA, please remember to follow
> Martin's Pitt advice to purge and reinstall the packages for a proper
> fix:
>
> "Note that I can't automatically fix packages for people who already
> upgraded to the broken PPA version; they will need to purge the packages
> (-base as well) and reinstall them."
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> David

Hi translators,

Thank you all for testing the Maverick language packs.

While doing this testing, we've come across this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-de/+bug/732768

Fixing it will require us to rebuild the full language packs, so we've
triggered an export, which will happen next week.

Stay tuned for an update and a new call for testing, and thanks for your
understanding.

Regards,
David.

--