Announcing new Lucid language packs for the 10.04.2 release

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 7 17:43:49 UTC 2011

El dv 04 de 02 de 2011 a les 18:58 +0100, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> El dv 04 de 02 de 2011 a les 10:58 +0100, en/na David Planella va
> escriure:
> > Hi translators,
> >
> > The Ubuntu 10.04.2 (Lucid) point release is coming up in a few days, on
> > the 17th of February [1].
> >
> > We'd like to release new language packs for it, although we're getting a
> > bit too close to the deadline, and the Ubuntu Release Team will make the
> > ultimate decision whether we'll be releasing them or not.
> >
> > Because of this, we'll try to strike a compromise.
> >
> > So here's the plan:
> >
> >      1. Lucid translations will be exported from Launchpad today, at
> >         22:00 UTC. Until that time, you'll have time to do translations
> >         that will be included in the next Lucid language pack.
> >      2. There is an Ubuntu Release Team meeting today at 16:00. There,
> >         it will be discussed whether we can release the language packs
> >         or not (i.e. if the schedule is too tight).
> >      3. I'll follow up with an e-mail after that meeting, letting you
> >         know about the outcome (i.e. if Lucid language packs will be
> >         released or not). That will give you confirmation whether you
> >         can continue doing the translations or not.
> >
> > I just thought I'd give you a heads up early enough, so that if you've
> > got any critical Lucid translations you'd like to fix or complete you
> > have at least a few hours until 22:00 UTC. But remember that the
> > confirmation whether these translations will be part of the 10.04.2
> > release will not come until this afternoon after the Release Team
> > meeting.
> >
> > I apologise for the short notice.
> >
> > Regards,
> > David.
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidReleaseSchedule
> >

> Ok, so this is just a short e-mail to confirm that we're going to
> release language packs for Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS (Lucid).
>
> I'll give you more detailed information on Monday when we've built the
> language packs and start testing, but here's the rundown:
>
>       * You can translate Lucid until today, at 22:00 UTC
>       * The language packs for testing will be generated during the
>         weekend, and they will be uploaded to lucid-updates
>       * They will need to be tested as usual before being released.
>         Assuming the weekend build works fine, the testing period will
>         begin on Monday and finish on Thursday. More details will follow
>         on Monday.
>       * We'll need to test them quick, as the schedule is tight, so if
>         you could provide the testing feedback before Thursday, that'd
>         be awesome: the sooner the better.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> David.

Hi translators,

It seems that there have been some problems building the Firefox
translations in the Lucid language packs, so they are not still
available for testing yet.

We'll see if they can be built tomorrow. In any case, even if they can't
and we miss the 10.04.2 release window, we'll update the language packs
immediately after.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
David.