Suggestion for broken translation reportings

Ask Hjorth Larsen asklarsen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 12:56:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Yaron Shahrabani <sh.yaron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tomer just brought to my attention that although there are some broken
> translation people don't want to deal with that.
>
> Tomer found a mistake in GNOME translation, after checking he found that the
> translation was already updated but the broken translation was there really
> long time ago and will stay there at least until 3.0 will be released.
>
> This is why I think the "Translate this Application..." entry under the Help
> menu is useless comparing to "Report broken translation..."
>
> My idea is to make this menu item launch an apport screen that will let you
> take a screenshot of the required string or window.
>
> Please have a look at the attached mockup.
> Yaron Shahrabani
>
> <Hebrew translator>

On

  http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27054/

you state that:

"In Ubuntu the "Translate this Application" menu item under Help has
become completely useless recently and I think we should consider an
alternative while utilising gnome-screenshot and apport. "

You state this as if it is obvious.  If it is so obvious to you, how
about enlightening the rest of us?

Regards
Ask