Some issues with Kubuntu Translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 2 10:05:32 UTC 2010

Hi translators,

I just wanted to bring this to your attention. There was a bug [1] in
the KDE packaging tools which caused some POT translation templates to
contain invalid strings.

The effect of this you can see it in strings of this type [2].

The awesome Kubuntu developers fixed this very quickly, but the packages
affected will need to be rebuilt and it might take some days for the
correct strings to be imported into Launchpad.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask you not to translate any of those
unusual strings [2] and to watch out and report any issue you might find
while using a localized Kubuntu distro.

Thanks.

Regards,
David.