How to revert to upstream translations

Milo Casagrande milo at casagrande.name
Tue Jul 13 12:38:24 UTC 2010

2010/7/13 Åsmund Skjæveland <asmund.skjaveland at bio.uio.no>:
> Sorry if this is a repeat, this one never came back to me.

I think it's the first time I see this message, so this should be the
first one! ;-)

> Some strings in Launchpad have better translations upstream than in
> Launchpad.  If I replace the Launchpad translation with the upstream
> string, will Launchpad automatically detect that the upstream
> translation takes over?

Yes, it should do so. If it's not working that could be a problem.

> In the translation page, Launchpad shows three strings labeled English,
> Current Norwegian Nynorsk, and Packaged. Is the string labeled "Current
> Norwegian Nynorsk" the upstream string, or the most recent Launchpad
> string?

The "Current..." one is the actual translation for that string, be it
upstream or of your team.

> I assume "Packaged" is the last string that was included in a
> langpack.

Exactly. Packaged is the string that was shipped with the last
langpack, it doesn't mean that that string is upstream though.

You can find more info on translation precedence in Launchpad here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/TranslationsPrecedence

Hope it can be of some help.

Ciao.

--