Menu entries not translatable

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 3 19:11:38 BST 2010

Hi Cheng-Chia Tseng,

El dg 01 de 08 de 2010 a les 22:52 +0800, en/na Arne Goetje va escriure:
> On 08/01/2010 05:26 PM, Tseng, Cheng-Chia wrote:
> > I have been testing Maverick within my language, traditional Chinese,
> > recently.

That's awesome, thanks for testing Maverick translations, we should
definitely have more reports like that.

> > However, I found out that some menu entries are still displayed as
> > English. They are:
> >
> > Pitivi Vedio Editor
> > Firefox Web browser
> > Evolution Mail and Calender
> >
> > Thus, I checked pitivi, firefox-3.6 and evolution on Launchpad
> > translation. There is only evolution has that "Evolution Mail and
> > Calender" message string, while others not.
> >
> > How do you translators not using English fix those translations on the
> > menu?
> >
> > Plus, the firefox in Maverick does not displaying my language, is that
> > normal on yours?
>
> New language-packs have just been uploaded recently and should be
> available soon. The new ones (version 1:10.10+20100727) do include
> Firefox translations, while the old ones didn't.
>
> Cheers
> Arne

As per the other issues:

* Pitivi: I filed a bug here:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+bug/613110
* Evolution: there was a problem with the translation template. We'll
try to fix it with a full language pack export [1] after Alpha 3 this
Thursday.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/TranslationLifecycle#Export%20from%20Launchpad%20translations