Call for completion of the installation test cases for translations

David Planella david.planella at canonical.com
Thu Apr 22 13:05:21 BST 2010

El dc 21 de 04 de 2010 a les 21:55 +0200, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> El dl 19 de 04 de 2010 a les 16:03 +0200, en/na David Planella va
> escriure:
> > El dl 19 de 04 de 2010 a les 15:21 +0200, en/na David Planella va
> > escriure:
> > > Hi translators,
> > >
> > > On this cycle we created some test cases [1] to make sure the
> > > installation process works well with translations. Those were especially
> > > helpful in discovering untranslatable translations in the installer and
> > > other issues early enough.
> > >
> > > Not all of them where covered throughout the cycle, and now I'd like to
> > > ask you for your help in running the remaining test cases and make sure
> > > we've covered them all.
> > >
> > > Here's how to get set up to help [2].
> > >
> > > Once that is settled, here's what everyone can do to make sure all test
> > > cases have been run:
> > >
> > >       * There's one remaining test case to cover here:
> > >               * http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/3923
> > >
> > >       * And 3 more here:
> > >               * http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/3923
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot, let's make the Lucid also rock on translations!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > David.
> > >
> > > [1] http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/NonEnglishLanguage
> > > [2]
> > > http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/help-localization-testing-with-the-iso-tracker/
> > >

> > Just a quick update, as now that the testing site has been updated, the
> > links I posted were wrong.
> >
> > We're testing the release candidate (RC) this week, and it would be
> > great if we could cover all the translations test cases for
> > installation. They're the ones where the description starts with
> > "Non-English..." in here:
> >
> > Ubuntu Desktop i386:
> > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/3995
> >

> Thanks to all of you who've contributed to this, all i386 tests on
> non-English installations are covered.
>
> I'd now like to ask you for a final effort and help completing the tests
> for amd64 here:
>
> > Ubuntu Desktop amd64
> > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/3994
> >

> Completing a test should not take you long, and while contributing to
> making translated installations rock-solid, it will get you familiar
> with the testing process, in which you can contribute in many other
> areas.
>
> More info on how to get set up with the ISO tracker on [1].
>
> Thanks!
> David.
>
> [1]
> http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/help-localization-testing-with-the-iso-tracker/

Also if any Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese
users could update step 17. and do any corrections required, that would
be awesome.

http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/NonEnglishLanguage#Installation%
20Full%20Network%20Support%20&%20CJK%20Input

I found that I had to tweak the Korean case to adapt to the newer
version of IBus in Lucid, and it would be cool if someone who actually
uses it daily could check out the test case is correct and write in more
detail which is the input method to choose and translate any missing
parts.

Thanks!

david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com
www.ubuntu.com