Call for completion of the installation test cases for translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 19 15:03:45 BST 2010

El dl 19 de 04 de 2010 a les 15:21 +0200, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> Hi translators,
>
> On this cycle we created some test cases [1] to make sure the
> installation process works well with translations. Those were especially
> helpful in discovering untranslatable translations in the installer and
> other issues early enough.
>
> Not all of them where covered throughout the cycle, and now I'd like to
> ask you for your help in running the remaining test cases and make sure
> we've covered them all.
>
> Here's how to get set up to help [2].
>
> Once that is settled, here's what everyone can do to make sure all test
> cases have been run:
>
>       * There's one remaining test case to cover here:
>               * http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/3923
>
>       * And 3 more here:
>               * http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/3923
>
> Thanks a lot, let's make the Lucid also rock on translations!
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> [1] http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/NonEnglishLanguage
> [2]
> http://davidplanella.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/help-localization-testing-with-the-iso-tracker/

Just a quick update, as now that the testing site has been updated, the
links I posted were wrong.

We're testing the release candidate (RC) this week, and it would be
great if we could cover all the translations test cases for
installation. They're the ones where the description starts with
"Non-English..." in here:

Ubuntu Desktop i386:
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/test/3995

Ubuntu Desktop amd64