Proposed Documentation String Freeze break - Ubuntu One, Icons

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 7 21:17:20 BST 2010

El dc 07 de 04 de 2010 a les 13:36 +0100, en/na Matthew East va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/4/7 David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>:
> > El dc 07 de 04 de 2010 a les 09:02 +0100, en/na Matthew East va
> >> 1. Fix the broken Ubuntu One and Evolution menu entries now and import
> >> the pot file asap, but *not* add the new material about Ubuntu Music
> >> Store
> >> 2. Make an upload prior to release with as many translations as possible
> >> 3. Include the additional Ubuntu Music Store material and possibly
> >> some other fixes like adding some documentation for Ubuntu One after
> >> release, leaving translators a few weeks to concentrate on these
> >> strings, then make a further upload some time towards the end of May,
> >> or early June.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>

> > Thanks Matthew, sounds good to me. A couple of comments:
> >
> >      * I was asking for comments from translators on the other thread.
> >        Translators: in order not to have separate lines of
> >        conversation, let's abandon the other thread and please add your
> >        thoughts here.
> >      * I'm actually not too sure about the date yet. Of the ones you
> >        are proposing, I'd perhaps favour early June, as thinking about
> >        it, May tends to be the time for release parties.
>
> I'm easy - feel free to set a date and I'll work with it. We can get
> the additional string changes into the distribution and the pot
> templates updated relatively quickly, I feel. Then it's just a
> question of how much time is needed for translation.

Ok, I'm away until Monday, let me come back to you next week. If someone
else has suggestions for a date, please go ahead.

> > I think we should:
> >
> >      * Set a date for 3.
> >      * If possible, I'd recommend doing 1. as soon as possible
>
> I think your email crossed with my last one. In any event item 1 is now done.

Ah, sorry, that's probably my fault for having used the same numbering.
I was actually referring to:

>             1. ubuntu-docs upload with changes, translation templates
>                are updated in Launchpad [Docs team]

Meaning the post-release update with the music store additions (not the
recent Ubuntu One and Evolution fixes). I just wanted to say that the
templates could be uploaded as soon as possible manually without the
need of a full package upload.

david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com
www.ubuntu.com