Welsh Translation Team is back!

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 8 11:30:42 BST 2009

El dj 03 de 09 de 2009 a les 18:12 +0100, en/na Mark Jones va escriure:
> Hello all,
> My name is Mark Jones (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarkJones), and I am
> the in situ (not yet official) administrator for the Ubuntu Welsh
> Translation Team. The group's day to day running will be done by me,
> but I am under the authority of Christopher Swift (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Chris
> ), who is the Welsh Translation Team Manager, as well as the Ubuntu
> Cymru (Wales) LoCo Administrator.
>
> I can also speak French, and have been learning Spanish, although I
> have stopped learning Spanish now until after my degree, I also have
> relatives who speak Greek, so I am a true linguist.
>
> My experience in translation is varied, having recently started work
> on translating a PC Game into Welsh, and having worked on the Open
> Transport Tycoon Deluxe translations I am used to the various systems
> that are used in Translations, albeit the fact that I'm new to
> Rosetta, but I am a fast learner and will soon know my way around the
> system.
>
> I feel that Welsh has become a neglected language in ICT and
> computing, and I hope that with my help and the work my team will be
> working on that things will change.
>
> That's enough talk from me for now, If you require any further
> information about me then please look at my Ubuntu Wiki Page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarkJones
> ) or my Launchpad Page (https://launchpad.net/~mark-welshdragon). The
> Welsh Translation Team will become active again in a few days.
>
> As we say in Wales: Hwyl Fawr (Goodbye)
> Mark

Mark,

I see now that the request for becoming the Welsh translation team lead
has been solved [1], so congratulations and welcome to translating
Ubuntu!

Please make sure to add your contact data to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Contact/Teams

Apart from the recommendations mentioned in the question, this page
might help you with best practices on team membership management and
relationship with upstream, so you might want to have a look at it.
There you'll see what some other teams do regarding those translation
aspects:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/QualityAssurance

[1]
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+question/81713