Templates order in the big Ubuntu templates list

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Tue Sep 29 19:11:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

I will try to make a first step to improve the way we make use of the
templates priority in the Ubuntu templates list[1]

For the beginning I think we should define debian-installer and co as
top priority. They have a shorter deadline and are the first apps a user
get in contact with.

Second in priority we should have the Ubuntu specific templates and
templated modified in Ubuntu and not available for translation upstream.

In this way we should make templates available for translation upstream
less important and reduce the change of chance of new translators
working in Launchpad without contacting the upstream team.

We try to keep track of them here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/UbuntuSpecificTranslations

What do you say? Is this a good or a bad idea?

If everything is OK I will dedicate time to do the required changes.

Cheers,

[1] https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+lang/en_GB

--
Adi Roiban