request for release notes translations

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Wed Oct 21 14:27:58 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

We're at that time of the release cycle again where the release notes are
coming together, and your help is needed to translate them.  The Ubuntu 9.10
release candidate is coming tomorrow, so we want to make sure our early
adopters get useful information when clicking that link from within the live
CD installer.

Draft release notes for Ubuntu 9.10 are available at
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicKoala/ReleaseNotes>.  While these are not
yet final, I expect that all the issues documented there will be included in
the final release notes.

And as for past releases, please use
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicKoala/ReleaseNotes/<langcode>
for your translations, and coordinate with Matthew Nuzum
<matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> (cc:ed), when you are ready to have these
translations linked from the Ubuntu website.

Thanks,